Monday, March 17, 2014

Dillon Beach!

If you've never been to a beach in California, you're missing out. I went out to Dillon beach on Saturday with my boyfriend and it was fantastic. The beach is a little over an hour away from San Francisco but from where I live it takes a little over a half hour. The nice thing about this beach is there is always parking and it's only $8 for the whole day. The beach is open until sunset but sadly there is no overnight parking or beach camping there. There's also a market right before the beach so if you forgot snacks, water, sunscreen or anything else you can buy it right there!
Poor crabby got flipped over by waves after I took his photo :(
Joe and I left around 4:30ish and stopped to get some food from a local market before heading out. The weather has been in the 80*s here but the beach isn't always as warm. Okay, I've never been to the beach near where I live and have it been 80* that I can remember. Or if it was close to 80* it was completely overcast. But when we went Saturday it was beautiful out! I was worried because when we got into the Bodega area it became really foggy and we had wanted to see the sun set while we were there. Luckily it was perfectly clear at the beach and not windy at all. :)
♡ 
We were at the beach for a few hours, running in the waves, taking photos and collecting seashells. We walked for a long time down the beach and I didn't even realize how far we had gone until we had to make the trip back to the car. I tried taking photos with these birds and tried having Joe take a photo of me and these little birds but every time I went near them they ran even while they were looking for food. They were so cute and short and they ran to the waves when they were being drawn back into the ocean and then running away when a wave came in. I gave up when we had to go back to the car. But we saw the crab and that made up for it. The drive home was just as fun because we laughed and sang "No One" by Alicia Keys and "I Would Walk 500 Miles" by The Proclaimers even though we only knew the choruses. 
This beach trip was exactly what I needed to get back into a happy, relaxed state of mind. I've been feeling really stressed and not my best for a few weeks now and it hasn't been easy for me or Joe. He has been nothing but loving, supportive and patient with me which is important in any relationship, but it means so much to me. I don't want to get too personal or say too much but I also feel like I could fill up a book with how much I love and appreciate Joe. I'm just happy we both got to step back and forget about the stresses of every day life and enjoy an evening at the beach. Saturday was the first day in a long time that I laughed as hard as I did and smiled as much as I did. I can't stop looking through all of the photos we took and wishing that I had a few more hours or that I could spend each day like that. This beach trip was the most amazing day I've had all year and I was so happy to be spending it with my best friend. :) 

"Those who love you are not fooled by mistakes you have made or dark images you hold about yourself. They remember your beauty when you feel ugly; your wholeness when you are broken; your innocence when you feel guilty; and your purpose when you are confused."
Alan Cohen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, three years later

Weeks after my last post my world was turned upside down, this will be explained in a future blogpost. Since then I've left jobs, gotten...